Thursday, August 27, 2009

Drive To Provo/ Anniversary

So I finished my internship last Thursday. It was really busy at the end because I had procrastinated writing my final report. I really enjoyed my internship and working for Dow, and they seemed to like me! I think they are still on a hiring freeze so none of the interns got job offers. But they told me to keep in touch and tell them where Dan is going to med school and they will do their best to find me a job. Its kinda scary not knowing where or when I'll get a job for next year but somehow it will work out.
Anyways, Dan and I said our goodbyes to our friends in Lake Jackson Thursday night and hit the road on Friday. We drove 14 hrs all the way to Lordsburg, New Mexico, which was this really, really small run down town. (We almost stopped in Las Cruces but we still had some energy to keep going.) We took I-10 to Pheonix and we had to plan our gas stops because there is so few towns. We continued our drive on Saturday we were heading to Las Vegas for our anniversary. We decided to take a detour to the Grand Canyon since I've never been. The grand canyon was cool, it is so massive.



We arrived in Vegas at 11 after driving the whole day. But we had to enjoy Vegas night life! Sunday we walked pretty much from one side of the strip to the other and saw all the hotels. We stayed at the Excalibur which was really fun.


We stayed on the 24 floor and had a great view from our hotel room.

Dan really wanted to go to the Tournament of Kings so we enjoyed that on Sunday night. It was really cool we had dinner from medieval times, so we ate roasted chicken with our hands. The show was really good, with kings, horses, jousting and sword fights and a dragon! Dan thought it was awesome!



Of course we saw a few Bellagio fountain shows. I really like the fountains!
Monday, we went to the Bodies exhibit at the Luxor. Dan really wanted to go because its pretty much like an anatomy text book come to life. So my future doctor wanted to see all the cadavers. It was cool because you got to see all the nerves and muscles that are in our bodies. Then we had a great night out for our anniversary we went to the Grand Lux Cafe in the Venetian and then went to Phantom of the Opera. It was absolutely amazing! I bought the cheapest tickets cause we are still poor when we reached our seats a hostess asked us if we wanted to move closer. Of course we said yes and she moved us to the center of the third row! WOW! it was so awesome, Phantom was the best show Dan and I have ever seen. I would highly recommend it to everyone. After that we drove the 5-6 hours back to Provo arriving at 4 in the morning. Dan had to attend a training for Y Group Leaders. That ends our wonderful travels this summer, now its back to school for our last year!

1 comment:

amanda said...

good thing you didn't stay in Las Cruces...it would have ruined your trip, but I bet Lordsburg wasn't that great either. That is really close to the border isn't? Can't wait to see you again