Saturday, June 7, 2008

Janie's visit

I guess I'm back tracking a little but one of my best friends from school, Janie Sandberg came to visit me in houston. Janie and her husband Jeremy came during the memorial day long weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed having company and it was so nice to spend the weekend with Janie and Jeremy because they're so fun! So they came Friday night and threw me a bridal shower! It was so much fun. Janie asked Dan questions earlier to during the 'shower'. So for every question I answered incorrectly Janie had a big marshmallow waiting for me to fill my mouth with. I do have to say I did very well but still got many wrong, which led to a mouth being full of marshmallows!! Thanks Janie for the shower!! So on Saturday we went to the Kemah boardwalk and watch all the boats to out to the ocean. Then Janie took me to Jack in the box for the first time! and it was really good. The afternoon we spent at the Houston Space Center!! 'Houston we have a problem'!! we took a tour of the command center at NASA! it was really fun although it was also very busy due to memorial day weekend. Then Janie and Jeremy took me out to eat at a Italian restaurant. I loved it! it was a perfect day! which we ended in shopping at walmart to fill my cupboard with food for the next month which was wonderful because I only have a bike! So it was wonderful to have Janie and Jeremy come visit!

2 comments:

Janie said...

Yay Alena!!! We had so much fun visiting--can't wait to hopefully do it again soon!

Love ya!

amanda said...

In honor of you, I walked home from work....5 miles!!! Sorry I missed you car the other day, we had gotten into a car accident earlier that day and were taking care of business over the phone. Can't wait to talk to you again!!!