Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lake Jackson

So we have now been in Lake Jackson, TX for a month. Its crazy how time flies. So if you are wondering where Lake Jackson is its 1 hour south of Houston. Pretty much it was a town built for the workers of Dow back in the 50's. I am working at Dow in Freeport. Also called Texas operations because it is so huge. There are 3 sites included in the texas operations all in freeport. I work at one of the closest buildings to the town. I'm really lucky cause my drive to work is only 10 min. I really like my job. I'm working with polypropylene (its anything with a #5 in the recycle triangle) and used for a lot of containers. I get to work with an operator and make samples from injection molding and soon extruding plastic sheet. These machines make all the containers you see in stores. Anyways, on the weekend we've been exploring Houston and Lake Jackson. We went to the Houston temple a couple weeks ago. They have a beautiful temple.



Just last week we went to Galveston and enjoyed their annual sand castle competition. It was so crowded at the beach. The water is nice and warm and there are lots of jumping fish! Here are some pics of the sandcastles.
Dan is working on his tan!

The Colisseum








2 comments:

Janie said...

Dan's farmers tan is AWESOME. I'm glad you guys are having such a great summer!

amanda said...

How fun!!! we need to talk some time so I can get all the details of your summer thus far.