Tuesday, February 16, 2010

December 09

With December came the end of our fall semester. It was nice to be finished. I actually learned a lot in my graduate classes. I did learn a lot of useful ChemE related material. But if nothing else I did gain a lot more confidence in myself in becoming a great chemical engineer. I was slightly afraid of grad school and thought I would not be good enough but after these classes I did very well in, I realized I can really do anything and I will be a great Engineer. I heard back from my supervisor at Dow when I was working there that they filed the patent I was working on. So in the near future I can have a patent with my name on it. Pretty cool eh!
In December I worked with the College of Engineering and Technology and but together many school outreaches. We went to five different schools and had 8 visits to different elementary and high school classes. I love teaching people about how great engineering is especially chemical engineering and plastics!

December was also a difficult month on decisions to be made. I received my job offer from Dow to work as an analyzer engineer. I was really excited because as most of you know I have wanted to work for Dow for the past 3 years and now it is finally coming true. Although, we still wanted Dan to be able to go to Med school. And Dan heard good news as well, he scheduled three school visits to DO (doctor of osteopath) schools. I postponed my acceptance to Dow until Jan 4th in order to give us time to think over the decision. After finals we drove to Seattle for Christmas break although now we did not have our Subaru. Fortunately enough Tiffany had the Honda Civic which we drove. It was good weather driving there. We enjoyed a great couple weeks with Dan's mum and dad. We did a bunch of Christmas shopping as well as bowling with both families.


We enjoyed dinner and a play (White Christmas) with Dan's dad's side of the family. I enjoyed going downtown Seattle with the beautiful Christmas lights.




Dan's sister Katrina was married in the Seattle temple to Mark on Dec 29. It was a beautiful wedding. They looked so happy.

Although some would have said it was a cold day. Katrina did a great job sticking through the cold with short sleeves.


Can you see the cold air?


The Morgan's


Dan's second family the Riley's. Pat is his best friend.

We had a great Christmas and wedding. It actually was very nice weather. Every time I go to Seattle it has only rained one day out of my entire holiday. I guess I bring the sun! A little ray of sunshine. Even though the weather was nice, I really missed the snow. So we drove to Rexburg to get our fix. Well, my parents were visiting Kala for Christmas and helping her with the baby. We drove to Rexburg spend a couple days with my parents. We surprised them on New Year's Eve.

No comments: