Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ball Game

So last weekend I went to my first MLB game! ive seen baseball games before but no pro games. Celanese had all the interns in Houston attend an Astros game.
THe astros were playing against the CUBS.
It was great, the company had a box so we had all the food you could eat and we had texas BBQ and brisquet for dinner. SO GOOD! All the drinks you want. and there were peanuts and cracker jacks for every seat!!
The game was slow at first but still good. Well what I could tell im not much of a baseball fan. In the 5th inning came dessert were there was ice cream sundaes and brownies and cobbler!!
Well needless to say I was fed well and had a good time.
Astros won 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th. Nice finish to the game!
It was friday night so they had amazing fireworks to end the night.

To finish off the weekend I stayed with Heather Kyle. Heather is the sister to one of my good friends in Ottawa 'Gene'. Heather has 3 way fun kids I got to play with all weekend and well I actually babysat! I did get to spend all saturday by the pool and get a great tan and cool off in the pool! Mostly it was just nice to be in a home with a great family!
So that pretty much wraps up my summer till now well aside from my apartment difficulties. i live in a ghetto dump. but i may post all those awesome stories soon. I dont have any pics to these post cause I found my camera died on me sometime in june?? dont know what happened. maybe I should get an new camera!! for my b-day!! just like yours amanda!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Alena! I just found your blog through Janie's. I am so glad to see that you are alive and well. I hope you haven't forgotten your old Hawaii roommate!