Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Week at the Plant

So this summer I have been doing a Research and Development internship. SO i work in the lab a lot and do experiments and the like. I have really enjoyed it.
well a couple weeks ago I did an intern exchange and went to 'shadow' another intern at the Pasedena plant. I jumped into full coveralls and steel toe boots, hard hat and googles. i was completely covered. and it was 95 deg with crazy high humidity. i was deathly hot. So i guess i was happy that I got an internship where i was in a/c 72 deg clean building.
I actually really enjoyed being at the plant. I was able to see and work with everything I learned it my clases. Also everything I was doing in R&D was upscaled to huge sizes!!
The following week the intern at the plant came and shadowed me to see what R&D was like.
My company also had a career conference. Where all the interns in the country flew to Houston to gather together and get an outlook on the company. It was a great conference unfortunately since it was in Houston I didnt get to fly anywhere or even stay in a huge hotel room all to myself. oh well! We did get a cool dinner cruise in the golf of mexico.

No comments: