Sunday, July 13, 2008

Biking to Work

So without a car in Texas you are pretty much an outcast. There is hardly any sidewalks and definitely no public transportation. So its a truck or maybe a car or nothing. And for me I dont own a car, I flew to Houston. I fortunately had friends in North Houston lent me a mountain bike for the summer. I have been biking to work. This past week I worked at a plant off a highway so it was not really accessible to bike to work and I got a ride from another intern. But the two weeks before that I rode my bike to work everyday and I am assuming this coming week I will also have to ride my bike to work. Its like a 10 mile bike ride each way. And sometimes its really draining in the Houston hot and humide weather. So when I get to work I am definitely nasty sweaty, but my work has a really nice "emergency shower". One of the disadvantages is that I have to leave for work at like 7:00 and I still only start at 8:15. it gets to be a long day sometimes. I may be able to find a ride again but we will see.!! As for now I guess its a good workout! Eh!!

1 comment:

amanda said...

At least you will be very fit by the end of the summer!